Come to The Hernried Center in the Sacramento area to build habits that keep the weight off.
Choose our behavioral health education program because it works.
Here at The Hernried Center for Medical Weight Loss, we understand that you’ve tried countless times to lose weight and either haven’t succeeded or have always gained it back. Many people don’t realize that some of the crucial components of successful, permanent weight loss are support, counseling, and knowledge. Our behavioral health education program helps people struggling to lose weight to:
- Overcome avoidance and denial
- Target behaviors that contribute to weight gain
- Develop a path to maintaining weight loss
- Re-train healthy behaviors
- Acquire problem-solving skills
- Identify a healthy body weight and image
Our group classes and coaching help keep you on track.
To keep you on track, you’re assigned to a small group (about 12 people on average) with your own behavioral health educator. We choose our behavioral health educators from a variety of backgrounds, including psychology, teaching and dietetics to help you tackle any challenge you may face. These specialists undergo an in-depth training program that has been refined and proven over the past 33 years right here at The Hernried Center. During this training program, they learn how to use our advanced cognitive behavioral therapeutic techniques that are designed to spur significant changes to your behaviors and habits, and to maintain your weight loss for good.
Offering a series of classes that help you every step of the way.
The Hernried Center offers classes that cater to each level of our program:
- Orientation – One initial class to discuss the flow of the program, provide you with binder information, and set expectations.
- Starter Series – A four-week, once-a-week class series to familiarize you with the program, teach you healthy habits, and build a solid foundation for the diet, lifestyle and behavioral changes you need to make to safely and permanently lose weight.
- New Direction – Core weekly classes with our behavioral health educators that complements your medically monitored dieting program.
- Compass – A program to develop long-term weight management techniques as you experience the “ups and downs” of life after your weight loss goals have been achieved. The first six weeks of Compass will be spent helping you slowly reintroduce regular food to your diet.
With our effective safety system, we’ll help you stay on track.
We have set up a Yellow & Red Light Safety System if you begin to get off track, complete with a plan of action for these situations:
- Yellow light – Administered when you have gained 5 to 10 pounds, where a plan of action is initiated to reduce weight once again
- Red light – Administered when you have a weight gain of more than 10 pounds, where weight loss skills are reintroduced to you
Our behavioral health education program encompasses many mechanisms for holding you accountable for your weight loss journey, including ways to address life’s daily hurdles and challenges, so you can make your weight loss dreams a reality.
For more information about behavioral health education, call 800-815-4881. You can also request a free phone consultation by using our easy online form.